When you meet someone new, your smile is one of the first things they notice, but it takes a bit of dedication to have a healthy and attractive smile. We’ve listed a few easy tips to help improve your dental health and the appearance of your smile.
- Floss every day, as flossing removes plaque and food debris between teeth and just underneath your gum line, where a toothbrush cannot reach. Daily flossing prevents gum disease and tooth decay.
- Book twice-yearly visits to our hygienist here at Mary Street Dental. Routine dental cleanings help to keep your teeth and gums in great shape, removing plaque and tartar buildup that can otherwise cause gum disease. Also, having your teeth cleaned professionally leaves them looking sparkly and your mouth feeling beautifully fresh.
- Quit smoking as it stains your teeth and increases your risk of developing gum disease. Smoking gives you bad breath and is terrible for your health on many levels.
- Reduce your consumption of coffee, tea and red wine as these drinks can stain your pearly whites. Otherwise, drinking through a straw can reduce the staining effect on your teeth.
- Drink plenty of water as it’s great for your smile and body.